Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday

Charlize celebrated her 1st birthday in Idaho this year (Mark was working on the BYU-Idaho projects that week so we decided to join him and have a birthday celebration with Nana and Papa Wightman).  Charlize is into animals right now, so I thought I'd use my artistic ability and make some animal cupcakes. At this stage of life, the cupcake decor was more for me than her, but I thought it was fun.
We made a whole cake for Charlize and we thought she would devour it...but she only took like 5 bites (mainly of the frosting) and then signed "all done".  She must not have the sweet tooth her mommy does.


 She didn't really understand the concept of opening presents; she liked the bags and hanger best of all.  We did give her a new carseat though and I know she loves that.  She was sooooo ready to be facing the other way to see everything going on.

Happy 1st Birthday, little Char Char.

3 comments:

Whitney Harris said...

The cupcakes are so cute. Don't you love having her face forward in the car. It makes such a difference I think. Glad she had a great birthday.

Alisha said...

Those cupcakes are fabulous! You did a great job on them and the cake is fun too!
We still have a gift for her....and your tupperware from over a month ago...sorry.

Radical Rach said...

Those cupcakes are so cute cute! You are very talented I must say! I wish my mom could of done something like that for my birthday.haha