First off...Charlize's 2nd birthday with a Dora theme. She thought I was the coolest mom ever to make her Dora themed cupcakes....or maybe she just thought I was the coolest mom ever because she got to eat cupcakes. Either way, she was happy.
Christmas came and went.
We found out we were having another girl.
Charlize and I hung out.
Daddy has a little sidekick named Charlize and likes to do whatever he is doing.
Valentine's Day came and went (we had our traditional fondue - Charlize was very excited just to hold pokey things).
We painted Charlize's room (and made her wall decor pictures since we couldn't find anything we liked).
We also painted our room. It's nice to have some color in our house. When we moved in, EVERYTHING was the same color (about the color of those closet doors) - the wall, the trim, the ceilings. Not that it was a bad color, but it's just nice to have some contrast.
I threw Mark a little fiesta for his 35th birthday party...but unfortunately I didn't get very many pictures of the occasion because I was manning the taquitos and tamales.
Our niece was due about 1 week after me although I don't really want to admit it considering our size differences.
Charlize liked to pretend to have a big belly as well. I think she understood the idea of a baby coming, or at least I like to think she did.
We took advantage of the fact that my brothers family was in town from France and took a family photo. Not my idea of perfect timing considering I was 9 months pregnant, but oh well.
My Grandpa Tidwell passed away at age 95. It was sad to have him leave this earth, but we were all very happy for him to be reunited with his wife of 70 years (she passed away about 4 years ago). This is the last picture I have of him back in December of 2011.
Charlize took a trip with her Daddy and cousins up to Rexburg a few weeks before I was due to welcome home Mark's nephew from his mission. She liked to play with all her cousins a.k.a "friends".
We went to a Japanese festival the weekend before I was induced and our friend from the ward gave her this umbrella that she is obsessed with. I'm about ready to burst.
And now to highlight our latest addition...Bree LoAnn Wightman. Born on April 30, 2012 weighing 8 lbs 10 oz and measuring 21.5 inches and to our surprise, she had lots of dark hair. The labor and delivery was great - I was induced and had an epidural (I love modern day medicine!) One push to turn her because she was posterior, and one push to get her out. Done and done!
Charlize has adjusted well and doesn't seem to be jealous. She does seem to be a bit more wild than I remember, but maybe I'm just more lethargic which makes her seem more energetic.
It was nice to have the in-laws here for a week with their dog Mozy who kept Charlize occupied...poor dog.
And Bree seems to be fitting in just great. She has slept longer at night which has been a blessing to everyone. She loves to snuggle which makes it hard for me to want to put her down. I'm totally in love with her already.
















8 comments:
Congrats Laura! She is beautiful. It's great to see what your family is up to!
Awww... baby Bree is so cute! She looks like someone you could fall in love with and never want to put down. I love this post - simple and interesting and covering lots of territory. That's what I need to do. Congrats again, Lala!
Thanks for the update and pics! I was patiently (false) waiting. :) Bree is just adorable! Congrats Ma and Pa of 2! You make it look too easy. Hope to see you and those kiddos soon!
OMG! Congratulations you guys. I haven't read your blog in a long time because you never update it, ha! I am so excited for you and your darling family! Miss you!
Love the update. We totally need to get together. Bree is adorable! I think she looks like you.
Congratulations! Your family is so cute!
The Cupcakes looked great.
I love Charlize's room decor. Such fun colors.
I wish we could have made it to Mark's birthday party, glad you had a great time.
Lydia had a lot of fun playing with her "friends" too. It was funny, Charlize kept telling Lydia to go see "nana" and Lydia would look at her like, she ain't my nana?
Congrats again on baby Bree. She looks perfect!
yay for mass updating! I did a lot of that lately too. :)
Post a Comment