Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nothing Shows Time Like Seeing a Baby

I can't believe Charlize is growing up so quickly (she will be 9 months old tomorrow).
I just got done looking through some old camera video clips and I can see how much she's changed.  I see her everyday (she hasn't been separated from me longer than 2 1/2 hours since her birth) so I guess I miss how much she changes sometimes.  Here are a few updated pictures of her and her adventures:

She loves her blankie.  Anytime she finds her blankie, she will grab it and the immediately put her left arm in her mouth.  Better an arm than fingers, right?  Hopefully it's just a phase...
She started moving her arm to music.  She also figured out how to make the music go:
 Look at those matching set of big blue eyes!

We ask Charlize, "Where's the baby?" and she knows to look for a mirror.  Her latest addition is waving to herself or giving the baby kisses:

She is the master of disaster...she loves to take out all the books on her shelf one by one.  I can just hear her in my head saying, "Let's see...this one? Nope...what's this? Don't want that one either....How about...oh, no..."
And I love all her faces she makes.  She does a crinkle nose-blow-in-and-out-of-her-nose thing that I love.  But I love all her cheesy grins she gives me all day long like this one - she's just like her mom: she thinks she is just soooo funny (and it's true). :)
She is so flexible, too. She sometimes lays on her back and just does the splits on her own. But we can always get her to giggle if we make her do the splits and then tickle the inside of her thighs.

Oh, little Char Char....don't grow up too fast.

7 comments:

Ben and Summer said...

Oh she is just so cah-uuuute! Benson does some of the very same things! Like pulling the books off... such fun:) She looks like a lot of fun. I get kind of sad too, when I look at my little guy and realize he's not really a baby anymore. Thanks for the pictures!

Tia said...

I love that she looks at the cover of each book before tossing it to the floor. She is so adorable!

Whitney Harris said...

She is flexible!
I think all kids love to do the book thing, but I think with my kids it is more like....Bahaha I'm going to pull all these off the shelf and then mommy is going to have to pick them all up! Serves her right for feeding me vegetables for dinner...I think that is what is going through their heads :)

Alisha said...

What a sweet post! She is so stinkin' cute, good job guys :)

Rochelle said...

What a doll! She really is flexible! I don't know why but it is so fun for me to see Mark play with her, so glad he's a daddy!

Lefty Lindy said...

Does she know yet how to point her toes when she kicks? Point! POINT!

Jennifer said...

She is so darling Laura! I can't get enough of her:) I'm so glad that you get to spend every moment with her, I would do anything to have that!