Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Halloween (a little early)

Every year our family has a Halloween party, complete with costumes and games.  This year we had a hard time coming up with costumes but settled on imitating my brother and sister-in-law (Dr. Jon and Monica).  We were more excited about Charlize's costume which was created due to a sewing mishap.  During the summer I thought I'd sew a few ruffles on the bum of one of Charlize's onesies so it would be fashionably cute and cooler for her because she wouldn't have to wear pants. Turns out I got a little crazy with the ruffles and when i tried it on it ended up looking like she was a pink flamingo.  So I added a few feathers and tacked on a beak and eyes to a pink hoody and whala...we have our favorite feathered friend.





2 comments:

Alisha said...

I love it! What a fun costume. I think the beak turned out fabulous. You can make my kids costumes next year...ok?!

Whitney Harris said...

What a cute idea, I loved her costume. I wish I had a party to go to and have a reason to dress up for Halloween. What a fun tradition.